Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Patience really is a virtue!

Google has become my best friend and my worst enemy.
For those of you still waiting for your little miracle I would recommend two things when that moment comes based on just my personal experience.
1. Wait till at least 8 weeks before scheduling an ultrasound, anything before then is going to worry you for no reason. In many cases if you are losing your baby there is not much anyone can do. Just enjoy the time you get to be pregnant happily with your baby whether its 8 months or 8 hours. Stress doesn't help anyone. (Please be advised that if you are cramping or experiencing bleeding you should call your healthcare provider right away)
2. Be careful in what you Google, because of early testing many soon-to-be mom's automatically think something is wrong if things aren't measuring up to everyone else's standard.
Case in point my ultrasound last Wednesday...
The ultrasound technician found a gestational sac and a yolk sac. She measured me (the yolk sac I believe) at 6.4 weeks not 6.6 weeks and changed my due date to June 1st (Yay! a June baby like its Mommy!)
Although a fetal pole (baby) was not seen yet she didn't seem too worried and just kept saying I'm probably just really early.
I left with a picture. Here is my gestational sac (black round hole) and my yolk sac (the white round thing in the corner). There is something floating above it in all three pictures that looks like a skinny worm. I wonder if it's anything?




Well if you Google what I should be able to see by now you'll find LOADS of women who have seen everything including a heartbeat at 5.5 weeks!
So naturally I start to assume something is wrong with my Ducky. However I do start to read other things that make sense. For example ovulation and implantation times for everyone can be off. Even measuring 2 weeks behind can be normal. The heartbeat is usually found around 7-8 weeks. Any growth before 9 weeks can be different for every woman.
The reason I was even becoming concern is due to the fact that my HCG levels started off on the low side (even though women with lower betas can have healthy babies) and that my pregnancy symptoms are on the mild side.
My new mantra every morning now is EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT........
So I continue to wait, pray and enjoy every moment of the day with this little one.
I have my first nursing visit on Oct 24th where they will go through all my blood work, tell me what to expect on this journey and hopefully give me another ultrasound to measure the baby and tell me if my due date is accurate.

Well on another note, this Friday I go up to Vermont to tell DH's immediate family (mom, stepdad, sister and brother) about the good news! We went on vacation in July and still haven't given them their souvenirs. It will throw them off guard since I plan to give his mom a book as well. His mom has been collecting children's books for quite some time now so she has a mini library of books to read to her future grandchildren (yeah pressure much?).

So I found this little treasure of a book :)
Inside we wrote this:

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
'Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come June 1st
That’s when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandchild
I can't wait to meet you.
All I ask between now and then
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.


I found the little poem online. I cannot wait to see his mom freak out!
 Quaking on,
~JD

3 comments:

  1. Hoping only good things for your sweet peanut! The worm above it is something because it was on mine also buy I can't remember what they said it was... Our ultrasound lady told us every important part which was awesome! Just can't remember, but know its a normal part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Day by Day! Yea my hubby thinks I'm crazy but I told him it stands out in every picture too much to be nothing. I can't wait for my ultrasound tomm. I have never been more nervous/excited in my life. I'm just glad hubby will be there, I didn't want to go alone for this one.

      Delete
  2. Found you while searching about soy isoflavones. I hope your scan goes well!

    ReplyDelete