Friday, October 26, 2012

Changes in the air....

Hi everyone!
Just a quick update. I had my nursing visit this past Wednesday where in a nutshell they explained all the tests that I'm responsible for and went through a slew of other information that I can't remember at this time. My mom seemed so confused since she doesn't remember going to the doctor's this often with me. I guess now-a-days pregnancy is a full-time job!
I found out I wasn't going to get another ultrasound that day which confused me since I thought they had to measure the baby. The PA that I met with review the notes she had in her computer and told my DH and I that it was not necessary. Apparently the last time I was there they had been able to see the fetal pole and detect a heartbeat!
Needless to say we were shocked. The technician only mentioned a gestational sac and yolk sac. I could have saved myself two weeks of worry had they... umm... mentioned that before!

Soooo I have more waiting to do. Per their office policy I will get another ultrasound at 20 weeks however since I am doing the NT scan (at a different site) I will actually be able to see the baby in 2-3 weeks. They do the scan between 11-13 weeks.

On another note my place of work seems to be shifting quite a bit these days. Two of our Directors have left and I have a hunch that some people here and there are being promoted. Now I'm pretty sure I'm not being promoted. I've only been at my company for 2 years and even though I manage many projects and such, there are too many people here with more seniority than I. However if a particular co-worker of mine gets promoted like I think she is, then I'm at least getting a new office! woot woot!
However this same co-worker seemed to imply that there could be raises involved for the both of us (she knows more than I do about what’s going on).
A raise would be super considering my DH doesn't finish graduate school until June (right in time for the baby! lol). I hope he is offered a teaching position during his student teaching but with today's job market you never know.
Either way, I get to go home today at 3pm. I was told it's a random drawing thing but I know they have a meeting with my co-worker at 3pm so I have a feeling it’s not so random.
Bright side....I get to go home and nap!

Quaking On,
~JD

“No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!”
~C. Joybell

No comments:

Post a Comment