Thursday, December 6, 2012

OB, you can suck my big fat D*&#K!!!

A bit harsh? maybe but I seriously dislike my OB.
I'm considering changing but I don't even know where to start. I started at this clinic because my Aunt recommended her to me. My Aunt is a no-nonsense, in-depth researcher kind-of-gal so I have no idea why she goes to this lady!
I had a regular OB check up with my actual OB yesterday. I usually see the PA on staff because my OB doesn't have flexible hours. Well she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler which just made me feel great (insert eye-roll) so she sent me for an ultrasound.
The technician who was with me was super sweet and friendly (they do exist!) so I couldn't be more grateful to have her with me.
She didn't say anything at first (bad thoughts start forming, naturally).
Then she starts chuckling and says "I'm having a hard time getting the baby's heartbeat because it's moving too much!"
My baby is moving too much?! Can't be MY baby! My baby wouldn't even wake up after 45 minutes of extreme jiggling at the NT scan!
She flips the monitor over and there is little Ducky just flopping away having a grand 'ole time. Heart rate is 143bpm. Biggest sigh of relief left my body and then I just watched this beautiful little creature dance its heart out for a few more minutes. It was quite a sight. Really wish my DH was there today too! He is always surprised I get sent to ultrasounds on my visits. Poor thing is always missing out.

Back to my OB rant. Seriously, every time I even decide to ask a question I feel I get attitude. Lady, don't ask me if I have questions if you don't want to answer them! I have really good health insurance that I work hard for and all I ask is that you treat me like a human being. Is that really so much to ask?
I also asked if I could have Zofran for my all day nausea. Every time I've told the PA that my nausea is getting worse she always offers me the Zofran but I usually turn it down. The one time I ask for it, my OB says they don't recommend Zofran unless it’s absolutely necessary (all day vomiting is my guess). Fine I get that but lady you and your PA need to be on the same page, don't look at me like I'm crazy for even asking.
In the end she said I can give you a few if you feel it’s absolutely necessary but after the ultrasound she was nowhere to be found and forgot about me. I always feel forgotten in that office. I left a message for the nurse one day because I was worried about measuring behind.
She never got back to me.
I am at my wits end here, I really am....
I just want my baby to be fully gestated already so I can take it home and not have to deal with these people.
Is it June yet?

Quaking on,
~JD

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope you find a better OB! I had a similar issue with OB not finding heartbeat right away and scaring me to pieces... but I'm glad things are going well for you other than the icky OB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!, the issue really wasn't with the doppler. Its the whole practice in general. After I walked out that day I also realized she never went over my NT scan results with me either. It really is like I'm in there for 1.5hrs and then out the door in 5 mins. Smh....Can't wait to find a new OB :)

    ReplyDelete