Monday, December 22, 2014

7 weeks, 4 days

Just a mini update!
I decided to see my regular OB and scheduled an appointment last week. I wanted to first talk to him about my decision for a VBAC rather than assume he won't do it.
He did say that he performs a handful of them each year, went through the pros and cons with me and let me know I would just have to sign a consent form. I decided I would stay with him but I am considering getting a Doula as I think my chances for a successful VBAC would be greater if I had the right support. I will post more on this at a later date.

Now for the fun part, Meet little "Cookie"!

It was so much easier finding this one than it was my Ducky. Not getting an ultrasound at just under 5 weeks probably helped. The technician just pop the old robot stick in me and withing seconds I was going "Oh there it is!! and there is the heartbeat!!" (Yep I'm a pro at this now)

I did confuse the yolk sac for the head though, so I still have some learning to do. :)



I tried showing my little guy that it was his baby brother or sister on the screen. He did look but definiely didn't understand what I was telling him. Should have said something to him more along the lines of "Hey that is the new kid that is going to just through your world upside down" LOL.

I do hope my kids are close though, it would be nice. I'm not a big fan of my own brother but I get along with my sisters well. So who knows?

We are planning on telling my mom and some family Christmas Day. I will be 8 weeks. We will also be skyping Christmas morning with DH's mom and other members of the houshold to let them know. We have a really big issue with DH's family right now which makes this such a strained time to announce something like this but in a strange way it will help keep our "cover" on the issue untill it's time to address it.

For now I just want to wish all my readers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happily Crumbling on,
 ~JD

3 comments:

  1. Hope u can share the news in a fun way and everything continues to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes everything went very well! I promise to update my blog soon, I've gotten so bad at this! :(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete