Monday, July 30, 2012

Onward to the 14th cycle....

Well she came...that bitch.
I blame my HSG this month for the terrible cycle I just went through.
I use Fertility Friend to chart my BBT and even decided to pay them this month to use the extra "special" tools since it had a hard time picking up when I ovulated. This past month we traveled outside the country for our anniversary and I had a very difficult time charting. To be honest I'm not sure why I even tried. I stayed true to my OPK's however and finally on CD 19 and CD 20 I received my positives. This month felt way to long. After 32 days I was happy to have this cycle over and be back on the playing field! I'm actually surprised at how quickly I bounced back from my usually gloomy "failed month" mood. I guess it's because I know that I have options now. Come December we are going to go through our first IUI (artificial insemination) and that just makes me excited! Finally the first step to a solution for our lack of conception (Merry Christmas to me!).
My DH starts his last year in his master's program in September so this is my last chance to pull out all the stops before he has to concentrate on school again. I'm not doing anything too different this month except fully commiting to the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). I've done varients of it since its a bit difficult to stick to and I've never wanted to schedule sex to the point where it isn't fun anymore. Also I'm convinced I don't produce enough EWCM (egg-white cervical mucus) which is what allows sperm to really live much longer in you and what helps them swim past your cervix with more ease. Soooo, I will be taking Robitussin this month. Many women have sworn by this, you take three doses a day starting CD10 and stoping when you have ovulated. I'll make sure to dedicated a post with all the types of ways and tools that can help you get pregnant.
For now I'm on CD4 and waiting for the bitch to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment