Friday, September 21, 2012

Womb-mate Found!!!!

I still can't believe it. I really can't.
Yesterday I found out that I am PREGNANT!!!!!
I can’t even think straight.
Ok so here is what happened…

Wednesday night I had spoken with my DH about moving our 1st IUI for October. I was expecting some resistance but there was none. He was on board and I could not wait for Friday to come any faster so I could get AF and schedule our IUI.

Well yesterday morning my temperature was still climbing up which is very unusual for 14dpo (for me). However I have been having some restless nights of sleep which is why I didn’t think much of it. I still decided to test just to check. I pulled out a cheap wondfo test and began. Within 2-3 minutes  a line appeared. It was faint but not-squinting your eyes faint. I still though, “great another indent” so I pulled yet another wondfo and tested with that one. Once again, another line appeared.

I frantically started searching for my FRER which I could not find (worst possible moment) so I hid my little cup of pee under the sink and without even changing or looking at myself in the mirror I ran out the door and to CVS I flew!

I bought a box of FRER’s and a Digital Clearblue. I managed to lock myself out of the house so I had to wake up my DH to let me in. I told him I had gone out to buy pads. He bought it.
As soon as he went back to the bedroom I went straight for the bathroom, I was on a mission!

Positive FRER……Pregnant says Clearblue….

Can this be real? I begin to cry. I can’t remember the last time I cried of pure joy. I’ve never understood people who cry when they're happy. Until yesterday…..”Oh I believe in yesterday”

All my plans went out the window. I thought about how I wanted to tell DH at the 49ners game next Sunday. Oh my God! But how could I wait 10 days? Nope, not happening.
I walked into the bedroom and said to him “Baby we won’t be able to do IUI this month” in the saddest voice I could manage.
He looked at me curiously “Why?”
“Because I don’t think they perform IUI’s on pregnant women! I’m pregnant, I’m pregnant!”
I began to sob again, he was speechless and I pulled him into the bathroom to show him all 3 tests. We hugged as I continued to sob. It was surreal.
I also presented him with the onesie that I’ve had for 3 years in my closet. I bought it the first time I thought I was pregnant. We weren’t married then and children weren’t on my mind but I was late (this is before I learned so much about this process) and I wanted to give him something.
I practically shoved that onesie in his face, I was so glad I could finally show him!

We didn’t talk to much that morning since I think we were both taking it in. Later that evening we both shared how unfocused we were at work, how we wish we could tell all the people we love right now and how my DH no longer wants to be surprised, he wants to know the sex of the baby, lol

I have a doctor’s appointment this upcoming Tuesday. Luckily I have a pap smear coming up and they don’t mind taking me early. I am only 4 weeks along. I hope and I pray every day for this little ducky to stick with all its might.

Cautiously but Happily Quaking On,
~JD

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! Hoping and praying for a nice healthy happy 8 months to go! Glad you got your SI baby!!! So very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was quite shocked that soy helped the first time around. As you can tell I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Congratulation! Hope you enjoy every second of your pregnancy and have a healthy happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, I hope and pray with all my might for a healthy pregnancy. I also to hope that your BFP is not too far away <3

      Delete